We are a UK wide group of Independent Fostering Agencies (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) providing training and support to both prospective foster carers and current foster carers empowering them to support children and young people, in the care of Local Authorities, to the best of their ability. We want to help all looked-after-children and young people to reach their full potential.
Futures For Children are now seeking an experienced full-time Administrator to join their team based at Ingatestone, CM4 0LU.
Main areas of responsibility
• Provide ongoing support to Social Work staff and ensure the smooth day to day running of administrative duties
within the office.
• Ensure the safeguarding of children and young people in placement.
Outline of main duties
• Provide ongoing support to social work staff, the Registered Manager and Directors when required.
• Respond to telephone calls and ensure the caller is dealt with politely and appropriately.
• Receive visitors to the office.
• Generate paperwork for carers’ annual reviews, and ensure that these are kept up to date.
• Undertake initial checks on prospective foster carers and significant adults, and ensure that checks for approved
carers and significant adults are kept up to date.
• Maintain up to date records of carer and significant adult checks and carers' annual reviews.
• Type and collate Form F assessments and other documents as required.
• Organise invitations, venues and refreshments for training sessions and other events for carers when requested
and in liaison with the Registered Manager.
• Maintain day to day administrative support (typing, correspondence, electronic filing), etc.
• Attend and participate in team meetings and take minutes.
• Maintain referral, carer and client databases and produce monthly referrals statistics.
• Maintain database of initial enquiries and applications and produce a monthly summary of enquiries and
applications for Registered Manager.
• Undertake opening and closing of files for foster carers and children/young people with Charms.
• Organise advertising as requested and maintain a record of advertising expenditure.
• Ensure start and end of placement letters are completed.
• Open and record post onto a log and record all outgoing post.
• Maintain up to date carer and child registers.
• Undertake initial checks on independent staff members (sessional workers, Form F assessors, therapists) and
ensure that checks and ID cards for approved independent staff are kept up to date.
• Where relevant, collate, copy and post paperwork to Panel members prior to impending Panel meetings.
• Take responsibility for ensuring testing of fire extinguishers and PAT testing is up to date.
• Undertake any other duties which may be appropriate, dependent upon the Post Holder’s areas of expertise,
knowledge and skills, and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded by the post held.
What are we looking for?
• Good standard of general education.
• Recent experience of working in a formal office environment
• Competent user of IT, particularly Microsoft Office products and database entry and information seeking.
• Accurate word processing and keyboard skills.
• Organisational skills and ability to work in a methodical and timely manner.
• Reliable, flexible and willing attitude to undertaking the role.
• Ability to manage own workload.
• Experience in working with confidential material and awareness of its safekeeping.
• Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealings with carer base.
• Time management skills.
• Understanding of the requirement to work inclusively as part of a small team.
Futures Group (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Salary: £20,790.66 per year
Location: The Old Dairy 13a Radley Green Farm Radley Green CM4 0LU