We are a UK-wide group of Independent Fostering Agencies (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) providing training and support to both prospective foster carers and current foster carers empowering them to support children and young people, in the care of Local Authorities, to the best of their ability. We want to help all looked-after-children and young people to reach their full potential.
Futures For Children are now seeking an experienced full-time Senior Marketing Officer to join their team based in Maidstone, Kent.
Main areas of responsibility
· To promote the fostering brand(s) through diverse marketing and communication activities, traditional and digital marketing and social media, with responsibility for the entire marketing proposition including designing and implementing marketing strategies.
· To generate high-quality enquiries from members of the public interested in fostering.
· To be responsible for the design, implementation, management and maintenance of the organisation's websites.
· To review and evaluate marketing campaigns in relation to their cost-effectiveness and ability to deliver against recruitment targets and produce statistical information in relation to advertising campaigns and the recruitment of carers.
· To report to senior management and colleagues on the progress of recruitment campaigns.
Outline of main duties
Marketing, Media & Communication
· To develop and deliver an innovative range of marketing campaigns to meet recruitment needs.
· To ensure the marketing of fostering services develops in a way which utilises social media and digital interaction including creating content for and managing social media feeds including Facebook and Twitter.
· To develop online customer acquisition – SEO, PPC, display advertising, email, affiliates and web directories, focusing on conversion rate, optimization, user experience and branding.
· To use marketing automation platforms and CRM to drive interaction.
· To design and build the organisation’s websites, managing updates, publishing and updating content including public information.
· Monitor websites and social media analytics and adjust activity accordingly.
· To liaise with the media to secure editorial coverage. Research and prepare press releases, editorials and imagery as required.
· To design and produce artwork for posters, adverts and leaflets and to commission external suppliers as appropriate to generate imagery/photography as required.
· Negotiate advertising space at favourable rates across all media as appropriate.
· To produce a calendar of marketing activities at key venues and events across the regions in which the organisation operates.
Recruitment & Retention
· To ensure that recruitment campaigns are inclusive and target minority groups where appropriate.
· To engage with existing foster carers to maximize the opportunity for foster carer referrals.
· To speak about fostering at events and assist in the organisation of stands/stalls and provide information to members of the public.
· To engage with colleagues to maximize the opportunity to promote the importance of foster care recruitment.
· To advise managers and colleagues on trends within the sector.
· To develop incentives to retain existing carers.
· To collect information regularly on the type of foster carer needed for each location.
Monitoring & Recording
· To produce statistical information in relation to advertising campaigns and the recruitment of carers, and to evaluate each method of recruitment within the campaign in relation to the success of those being approved as foster carers.
· To monitor and track potential fostering enquires.
· To collate evidence of previous recruitment activity and subsequent outcomes to inform future strategy.
· To collect information regularly on key areas/locations from recruitment.
· To compile ad hoc reports on enquiry activity as and when requested.
· To analyse the performance of organic and paid campaigns.
· To promote equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice in all aspects of service provision, information about services and in the work environment.
· To work closely with colleagues, establishing and promoting harmonious working relationships.
· To develop a specialist interest in fostering campaigns and monitor related activity in other organisations and nationally to help inform the organisation's recruitment planning.
· To maintain confidentiality.
· To work in accordance with policies and procedures within the organisation, observing at all times the strict rule of confidentially appropriate to the role and the provision of Data Protection legislation.
· To recognise peaks in activity throughout the year which will increase the workload significantly and prioritise as appropriate.
· To work within budget constraints and seek to achieve value for money in all activities.
· To undertake such duties and responsibilities commensurate with the nature of the post at the direction of the senior management team.
Person Specification - Essential
· Degree in CIM, IDM or equivalent recognised qualification.
· Excellent working knowledge of social media advertising including Facebook and Twitter.
· Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
· Working knowledge of SEO and PPC.
· Working knowledge of CRM systems.
· Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies.
· Working knowledge of Web Site Development.
· Experience of budget management/monitoring.
· Experience of traditional marketing strategies and the production of editorial and the design of marketing materials.
· Experience in generating and analysing reports.
· Experience of working with confidential material and awareness of its safekeeping.
· Public Relations experience. Understanding of Influencer Marketing.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to use different communication styles and techniques to present ideas and influence others.
· Ability to demonstrate good written communication skills.
· Good presentation skills.
· Organisational skills and the ability to work in a methodical and timely manner, manage conflicting priorities, handle multiple demands and meet deadlines under pressure.
· Ability to understand, analyse and distil a clear message from complex information.
· High level of visual accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and understanding of the requirement to work inclusively as part of a team.
· Ability to be creative and imaginative and highly motivated.
· Able to demonstrate a professional manner in dealings with all.
· Ability to champion inclusion and value diversity.
· Ability to accept and respond positively to feedback.
· Ability to adopt a positive attitude and enthusiasm in others in order to achieve objectives and overcome barriers to progress.
· Confident when presenting and delivering to a public audience.
· Commitment to an organisational culture and the development of services that value equality and diversity.
· Present a positive image of the agency in dealings with all foster carers and professionals contacting the office.
· Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours.
· 2 – 3 years of marketing experience.
· Experience in marketing and recruitment within a fostering organisation.
· Knowledge of fostering matters and the issues surrounding looked after children.
· Experience in a customer service environment.
· Knowledge of WordPress
· To learn and develop own skills through experience.
· Ability to problem-solve.
Futures Group (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: The College Tower, College Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YF
How to apply: Please click on our 'Apply here' button to send in your CV and Cover Letter.