We are a UK-wide group of Independent Fostering Agencies (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) providing training and support to both prospective foster carers and current foster carers empowering them to support children and young people, in the care of Local Authorities, to the best of their ability. We want to help all looked-after-children and young people to reach their full potential.
Futures For Children, London and Essex, are now seeking an experienced Social Worker, three days a week, working Wednesday to Friday. This position will be blended working with one day a week in the office. Candidates must be able to drive and able to cover both our London and Essex carers.
Main areas of responsibility
· Carry out negotiations between the organisation and placing authorities with respect to the placement of children.
· Ensure that all agreements relating to the placement are completed and adhered to.
· Supervise the work of foster carers on behalf of the organisation and provide ongoing support post-placement.
· Ensure the safeguarding of children and young people in placement and information related to same.
· Participate in the recruitment, assessment and training of foster carers.
· Undertake annual reviews of foster carers ensuring that all work meets identified timescales.
· Attend Fostering Panels to present Form Fs and annual reviews on behalf of the organisation.
· Work with other professionals and foster carers to promote the welfare and positive outcomes for children placed.
· Ensure that all work is recorded on the CHARMS database.
Outline of main duties
· Assist in the identification of suitable placements in consultation with the placing authority, child and foster carers.
· Maintain comprehensive records of the placement, as required by the Fostering Services Regulations, the National Minimum Standards for fostering and the organisation’s own policies and procedures.
· Ensure all children placed with the organisation have an identifiable care plan and that this is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the placing authority and in consultation with the child, the child’s social worker, foster carers and parents as necessary.
· Undertake work in line with the organisation's safeguarding policies and procedures at all times.
· Undertake or facilitate any direct work as necessary with a child in negotiation with the placing authority, including life story work, bridging placement work, identity work etc.
· Facilitate and/or supervise contact between the child and their family in accordance with their care plan. Where circumstances require, prepare statements and reports to the court and for child protection conferences.
· Attend and participate in child care reviews, case conferences, and other meetings as appropriate.
· Assist in the identification of appropriate educational and/or work placements for young people and assist in preparation for leaving care.
· Assist in the identification of appropriate therapeutic resources for children and facilitate their attendance.
· Take part in the on-call duty rota out of office hours.
· Ensure children and young people are aware of their rights, including their right to complain.
· Work closely with children and young people (birth children and looked after children) to ensure that their voice is heard and that they are regularly consulted.
· Undertake Form F assessments and reviews and present them to panel.
· Undertake the training of foster carers pre and post-approval.
· Ensure carers receive regular supervision of a professional standard and that unannounced visits to carers take place as required.
· Undertake any other duties which may be appropriate, dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills, and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded by the post held.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: 13a Radley Green Farm, Ingatestone, CM4 0LU
How to apply: Please click on our 'Apply here' button to send in your CV and cover letter.