We are a UK wide group of Independent Fostering Agencies (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) providing training and support to both prospective foster carers and current foster carers empowering them to support children and young people, in the care of Local Authorities, to the best of their ability. We want to help all looked-after-children and young people to reach their full potential.
Futures For Children are now seeking a Level 2 AAT qualified Finance Assistant to join their finance team based in Maidstone, Kent.
Main areas of responsibility
• Assist in the smooth running of designated offices within the organisation responding to requests from the Finance Manager and Directors and liaising appropriately with staff members and local authorities.
Outline of main duties
• Preparation of carer payments using Sage, for fostering fees, respite and other expenses
• Keep records of all respite owed to carers
• Post prepared payments to individual carer accounts as invoices
• Liaise with agency social workers regarding carer payments
• Send copies of statements to carers and retain copies for files
• Prepare and send end of year carer statements
• Raise invoices using Sage each month for placement fees, sessional work and any other items authorised for children placed
• Send completed invoices to local authorities
• Raise credit notes for any children who have left placement within the last invoice period
• Credit control with local authorities and record information on Sage
• Produce necessary correspondence to chase local authorities for invoices
• Deal with queries from local authorities regarding invoices and responding to these appropriately
• Once invoices are completed on Sage, run reports and ensure all information is correct
• Payment of expenses to staff from claim forms
• Process staff travel claims for payment and send out remittance advice
• Process sessional work claims against forms, and post onto Sage and send remittance
• Post and reconcile Petty Cash
• General office duties as necessary and commensurate with the post
What are we looking for?
• Minimum AAT Level 2 qualification
• Knowledge of office/finance procedures and experience of working within an office environment
• Organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work on own and as part of a team
• Knowledge of data entry and Microsoft Office
• To be able to observe confidentiality
• Reliability and flexibility
• A good communicator
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Location: The Master's House, College Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YQ