We are a UK wide group of Independent Fostering Agencies (Futures For Children, Fostering Options and Foster Care Solutions) providing training and support to both prospective foster carers and current foster carers empowering them to support children and young people, in the care of Local Authorities, to the best of their ability. We want to help all looked-after-children and young people to reach their full potential.
Futures For Children are now seeking a passionate and confident individual to support their finance team based in Maidstone, Kent.
This is an exciting opportunity, for the right individual, to grow their knowledge and experience or could even provide somebody with an exciting pathway back into employment after a career break.
Main areas of responsibility
• Assist in the smooth running of finance duties, responding to duties given by the manager, senior finance administrator and directors.
Outline of main duties
• Keep records of all respite owed to carers
• Liaise with agency social workers regarding carer payments
• Send copies of statements to carers and retain copies for files
• Prepare and send end of year carer statements
• Send completed invoices to local authorities
• Credit control with local authorities and record information on Sage
• Produce necessary correspondence to follow up with local authorities for invoices
• Deal with queries from local authorities regarding invoices and responding to these appropriately
• Once invoices are completed on Sage, run reports and ensure all information is correct
• Payments of expenses to staff from claim forms
• Process staff travel claims for payment and send out remittance advice
• Process sessional work claims against forms, and post onto Sage and send remittance
• Post and reconcile petty cash
• Post supplier invoices on Sage
• General office duties as necessary and commensurate with the post
Must be working towards or willing to work towards Level 2 AAT qualification.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Location: The Master's House, College Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YQ